Saturday, December 18, 2010

One thing that I won't miss here

One thing that I won't miss if/when we move to Ecuador is the winter weather.  We have had pretty miserable weather this week.  And because we live in the middle between the milder weather and really cold weather, we are never really sure WHAT we will get in Louisville, Kentucky.  So, this week, the result was a 1/2 inch of ice covering everything. 

The first picture is of the icicles hanging from our front porch and the second picture is of the icicles hanging from our back porch.  Needless to say, I won't miss the ice at all.  We have had all of that ice covering EVERYTHING for the last 4 days. It reminds of the Paul Simon song -- "Slip Sliding Away".  I think some people around here have not been out of their houses for 4 days.  So I will definitely NOT miss this mess in Ecuador.


1 comment:

  1. This makes me chuckle. We want to move to Kentucky to get away from the Minnesota weather. Everything is relative. We've had icicles hanging from our roof for four months.

    ReplyDelete