Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Am I Forgetting Anything?

I feel like I keep making up a new list before I cross off the lists that I have already made.  It feels good to cross something off, but then I add two more things onto the list.  Pat only has 2 more days of work.  I only have 1 more real estate closing (I have been selling real estate for the last 10 years for those that didn't know).  I have decided to stay a little active in real estate by putting my license in the Kentucky Residential Referral Service.  So if anyone has need of a realtor, just let me know and I will refer you to Laura Fulton in my office.  And I will be able to make a little money at the same time. 

We rented our house yesterday and a relocating family is going to move in the day after we leave.  We have a yard sale scheduled for this Saturday morning (please no rain!!) and I have scheduled it on craigslist.  I have gone through every closet and drawer at least once, some two or even three times.  The pile of stuff to take with us is getting a little bigger.  The pile of stuff to sell is getting a lot bigger.  It's amazing how much "stuff" we have accumulated through the years. 

Tonight I wanted to pull out the pictures that I took when we were in Cuenca to remind myself of why we are doing all of this.  I have never posted these views that I took from our apartment that we rented there.  Now I remember why we are doing all of this work and going through all of this change.  Take a look and see if you don't agree:



Look at that blue sky!!



I don't know if you can see the tennis courts there to the right, but we can see them from our windows.  We hope to be able to play some mornings when the courts are available.  I'm not sure we will be able to play for very long until we get acclimated to the altitude, but we are very excited about it.






Doesn't it look beautiful?  These are the views that we will see from our windows every day.   I am hopeful that everything comes together at the right time without getting too stressed out.  And we have been enjoying getting together with friends and family over the last few weeks while we are still here.  Just a little over 3 weeks left.  We hadn't really looked at the calendar when we made our plane reservations and didn't realize that we will be arriving in Cuenca on Easter Sunday.  What a wonderful way to start our new adventure!!   

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sue, sorry we didn't get to meet you when you all were here, but we will make it a point to see you after you arrive back in Cuenca. Where is your new apartment in Cuenca?

    Mick and Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great, you will be here in no time... Just a heads up. I hear the stores will be closed on the Friday and Monday of Easter Sunday..if you need food come by we will feed you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome that you have renters for your house! I know what you mean about accumulating STUFF/JUNK! I'm going through the process now, and it is overwhelming! Have a wonderful adventure in Cuenca! I'll be following your blog, and bugging the rest of the Bunquettes to do the same! Take care, and safe travels!

    ReplyDelete